Hi Hi, So for getting into the spirit at our house this fourth of July I decided to bake muffins for everyone before they woke up! We had a packed house this weekend with family and friends and I knew everyone would be hungry. So I found this recipe with strawberries and blueberries so it can start the celebration of red, white and blue.
This recipe is super easy and the muffins are AMAZING. My mom turned to me between her first and second muffin and said “these are probably the best muffins i have ever eaten!” So there you go they have gotten my family’s stamp of approval and hopefully they will get your families too!
This recipe is adapted from Kirbie’s Craving!
What you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped to small cubes
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed and softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400º degrees F. Then grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners I just used a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Next combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl and wisk together.
- Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; then add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup.
- Mix the liquid mixture in with flour mixture. After the batter is fully combined slowly fold in blueberries and strawberries. Then fill the muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
Enjoy and happy 4th of July!