Hi Hi! Ok so if you’re like me you are such a sucker for banana bread. Well I have a weak spot for anything with banana in it! So I tend to be sad when my bananas go bruised and brown. So of course banana bread is always a solution!
But this recipe is not a NORMAL banana bread! This is the best and most moist banana bread you will ever have! Here is the secret! Greek Yogurt! Yes you heard it! Greek yogurt is a great substitute for butter and oil making this recipe a bit healthier!
Also as I chose to double this recipe because we had 6 bruised bananas at home and do one with semi-sweet chocolate chips and one without! Feel free to add whatever you like!!
I put this recipe to the test with my family and let’s just say it was gone in a day!!
This recipe was adapted from Chelsea Messy Apron!
What you will need:
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
3 very ripe bananas, about 1 cup, (remove the peel and smash with a fork)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup old-fashioned oats
3/4 dark or semi sweet chocolate chips
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bread pan with PAM or grease with butter and set aside for later.
2. In a standing mixer (I used my KitchenAid) beat together the Greek yogurt, smashed bananas and add the eggs one at a time.
3. Add in the vanilla and brown sugar until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to the wet ingredients and stir until combined (over stirring or beating will make for a denser bread).
5. Gently stir in the oats and chocolate.
6. Pour mixture into a bread pan and then bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
7. Let the bread cool before eating.